Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Singing With Daddy

I remember sitting in church 5-6 years ago watching our friend Roger, singing a song with his 20 something daughter Laura as she sat at the piano.
I remember getting teary eyed as I listened to them sing together.
It was evident they had that special father/daughter bond.

I began to think about Travis and our only daughter at that time, Addison. 
I thought about the wonderful relationship I have with my father. 
And how I hoped they would someday have that special father/daughter relationship that I have been blessed to have. 

And then I thought how awesome it would be to someday see Travis and our daughter up on stage together like Roger and Laura. 

Last week at our church Christmas program, Addison and Travis sang together for the first time. 
It made me so happy to see them up there together!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

You are blessed and so am I.

Amy said...

Made me teary eyed...

Dianne said...

I just read this to dad and he was really touched. YOu are so special to him.