Saturday, April 5, 2008

Caught Eating Marshmallows

Addison got caught red-handed tonight getting into the bag of marshmallows. My mom is here for the weekend visiting and she and Addison were in the family room together when suddenly Addison disappeared into the kitchen. My mom noticed that shortly after she went into the kitchen it got very quiet. Silence is never a good thing. My mom went and peeked around the corner and there was Addison, standing on a chair eating marshmallows out of the bag. She had pulled a chair across the kitchen and climbed onto the counter to get into the snack cupboard. My mom said to Addison, "Are you supposed to be eating those?" Addison said, "no" and then pointed at my mom and said "sit on couch." I guess she knew she had been caught and didn't want mommy to know!

2 comments:

Kim said...

At least she found something stable to stand on. Luke has been found standing on a chair, but also on our rolling desk chair, the seat of his tricycle and his big truck (all on tile floors I might add). Maybe I should warn him about wheels. I'm also completely touched that they are so honest at this age. I want to continue to encourage those types of responses from him, but have no idea how to do that when he also needs disciplined for his present actions. I guess we'll just have to figure it out along the way.

Amy said...

Too funny. Somehow they know they can boss their grandma's around & get away with it b/c they know they're cute...and grandma's fall for that! Daniel has been giving my mom fits, but after he's been naughty, he cocks his head to the side & smiles @ her & she melts. Oh, brother.