Friday, August 15, 2008

Cool Weather and Air Conditioning

Travis came home for lunch yesterday and said it felt hot in the house. I was glad to hear him say that, because I was sweating and wondering if there was something wrong with me. Well, it turns out our air conditioning quit. It was about 90 degrees yesterday, so it was quite warm in the house. Our landlord came out in the afternoon and fixed a hose that had broke on the furnace and thought that would solve the problem. Turns out it didn't. So, we were without AC all night. Praise the Lord though, a storm came through in the evening and it was really cool outside (cooler than in the house.) We opened all the windows and put fans in them and it really wasn't too bad. And, today it was in the 70's! The repair man did come and fix it today, but there couldn't have been a better time for it to quit. I'm very thankful it didn't quit a few weeks ago when it was in the 100's!

No comments: