Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Family Baking Night

Well, those of you that know Travis, know that he enjoys cooking. And, when something sounds good to him, he usually makes it right then. Yesterday, he told me he was in the mood to make some whoopie pies. We had heard how wonderful they are, so about a year ago, he decided he would try to make them. They were pretty good, so yesterday, he decided he wanted to have some again. If you do not know what they are, here is the website for Wicked Whoopie pies. Addison always enjoys helping us in the kitchen, so we thought it would be a fun family activity. In all honesty, I ended up not really doing much. I was busy taking pictures and getting out the ingredients they needed. Here are a few pictures and a short video of the two of them working away. It was a fun evening together in the kitchen and we all enjoyed the finished product!

5 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

I'm so hurt that he didn't even bring any whoopie pies to work for us to enjoy. :) All that chocolate he takes from my basket and he doesn't even share one whoopie pie! HA!! I'm just joking. Looks like fun though. I'll have to check out the website and try making them. YUM!!!

I love the little apron Addison is wearing. CUTE!!!

Hope your allergies go away soon. How's the zurtech working?

Cathy said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!! I love the apron Addison has on! Was that yours, Lisa, when you were a little girl?

dianne said...

WOW, THE VIDEO EVEN HAD BACKGROUND MUSIC. SHE LOOKS LIKE A FUTURE PRO BAKER IN THE MAKING.

Lisa said...

The apron actually came from my grandma (Addison's great-grandma). I'm not even sure who wore it, but it's pretty old.

Amy said...

I love the pictures. And I'm learning more about Travis' hidden talents. I expect you'll be bringing some whoopie pies to our camping trip - or you're disinvited. Just kidding (about being disinvited, not about bringing whoopie pies. That is not optional.) :)