On Friday, we were blessed to be able to spend an evening with some friends from our old church. There were 4 families - 8 adults and 11 children. It was quite a houseful! Addison had such a wonderful time playing with all her friends. When we told her where we were going, she could hardly contain her excitement the rest of the day. We had a really great time! We ate together, laughed together, and had a great time catching up with each other, all while our kids played inside, outside and probably in every room of the house. I don't think anything even got broken!! We went there to watch a high school football game, so it worked out perfectly. The guys took some of the kids and went to watch the game while the ladies stayed and visited.
I have really been missing these very special friends and it was just what I needed. I look back to when we moved there in 2005 and remember how lonely I was for the first year or two. Over time, God provided us with a wonderful group of friends. I find myself at that same place in life once again. We've just moved and I'm lonely. After having gone through this twice in my life already, I knew it would be like this, but it really doesn't make it any easier. Developing deep and meaningful friendships is something that takes time. Sometimes I find myself wondering why we moved again right when things were going so well, but I remind myself that I must be obedient to what God calls us to do. And hopefully in a few years, I can look back at this and be reminded of how God takes care of us and faithfully provides for us all the time and in every new place that we go.
3 comments:
I've never moved so I don't know what you're going through in that respect. I just want you to know that we are really glad you moved here. Travis and you are already a huge blessing in our church and community. Travis is already connecting with the youth in so many awesome ways. My brother really likes him already. Hang in there and I'm going to pray that you can be surrounded by new friends!!! Are you going to be a MOPS tomorrow night? Hopefully I'll see you there! Good night!
Well, I for one am thrilled that God plunked you down in Enid, OK for 3 years so that you could be MY friend! ;)
P.S. I love the new look. How did you get the leaves to strectch the whole screen? I'm computer stupid...can you tell? :) You'll have to teach me one of these days.
Post a Comment