Friday, November 7, 2008
Christmas Music
I don't know when your family usually begins listening to Christmas music, but it seems that every family has a different rule. For the first 5-6 years of our marriage, we held firm to the "no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving day" rule. Well, Travis loves Christmas music and his brother Jake convinced him that it was okay to start listening to it on November 1st. That way you can enjoy it for longer, right?!! He has stood by this rule for the last 3 or 4 years. This year, however, was a different story. About a week before November 1st, Travis started having the itch to get out some of the Christmas CD's. Much to his surprise, when he mentioned it to me, I told him to turn some on. So, here at our house, we've broken our own rules and have been enjoying Christmas music for the last couple of weeks! I have to say though, it is weird to hear Christmas music playing in all the stores already and to see all the Christmas decorations up already on Main street here in town. Christmas will be here before we know it!! I love this time of year!
Labels:
DAILY LIFE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I loved hearing Christmas music while shopping at Wal-Mart the other day! It is the only way most stores "let Christ in"! Although I did find that some of the more religous type songs were just the melodies without singing the words! A little disheartening. I am going to dig out the Christmas music and start enjoying it too!
I love Christmas music, but we, rather, Randy, has the "no Christmas music before Thanksgiving" rule too. I just have to listen to it during the day when Randy's not home. :) We just saw some Christmas lights tonight, and even though I think it's way too early for that still, it made me excited for Christmas!
I'm still in Fall mode. I'm not ready to take down my pumpkins & colored leaves yet for a Christmas tree & garland. Sorry. I still stick to the "No Christmas before Thanksgiving" rule...I just let Christmas extend into January. Well, my snowmen, at least. :)
I'm still in Fall mode. I'm not ready to take down my pumpkins & colored leaves yet for a Christmas tree & garland. Sorry. I still stick to the "No Christmas before Thanksgiving" rule...I just let Christmas extend into January. Well, my snowmen, at least. :)
Post a Comment