Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Puppy Chow

I absolutely LOVE puppy chow!! It is one of my favorite desserts/snacks (whatever you want to call it!) Yesterday evening, I was feeling kind of down, so my wonderful husband made me some to cheer me up. I was so excited to eat some before I went to bed! Travis always jokes that he never gets any when we make it because I always eat it all. Believe me, I can't just let something so good sit around and stare at me all day!! I'll try my hardest not to eat it all this time though and leave some for him!

4 comments:

Nic said...

I'm about to post a bunch of recipes and this was going to be one of them! My mom made it all the time for us growing up. I never liked it till now. Some how after 3 pregnancies my taste for peanut butter has changed. We had it last week and the boys LOVED it!! Have you ever made it with rice krispies instead of chex mix, my mom would do this somtimes and use it as a ice cream topping!

Kim said...

This is one of my favorites as well. It is so addicting! I just bought some cereal the other day with the intent to turn it into puppy chow. You'll have to stop in and help us eat it!

Sweet Pea said...

Yummy! I love puppy chow!!! We made it all the time when I was little. Powder sugar would go everywhere in the kitchen. It's weird but I don't think I've ever made it since we've been married. I might have to try that again. I like Nic's idea of using rice krispies for ice cream topping. I had never thought about that but it sounds good.

Amy said...

So...3 days later...is there any left? I was thinking about you today, hope it went well.