Thursday, February 5, 2009
Accident in the Kitchen
Today over lunch hour, Travis and I were in the living room talking when we heard Addison say from the kitchen "Oh no, I'm going wet!" (This is what she sometimes calls potty.) We both jumped up, only to find her climbing down from the kitchen counter onto the chair she had pulled up. (No, she's not allowed to climb up onto the counters...this is what happens when mom & dad aren't paying attention!) The back of her dress was all wet, so I knew she had wet her pants, but I thought it had just gotten on her. And then I saw it...a huge puddle all over the kitchen counter! Yuck!! Not only did she have an accident (which she hasn't done in a very long time) but it was all over the counter! Thankfully, nothing that was on the counter got wet (although the bananas were pretty close by!) So, how many of you have had a child pee on the kitchen counter?! A first for me, and hopefully a last!
Labels:
ADDISON,
DAILY LIFE,
KIDS,
PARENTING
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lisa, 20 or so years from now, Addison is just going to LOVE you for sharing this story about her!! :) Glad those bananas were saved!!
That is too funny! That kitchen counter will never be the same. Aren't you glad your moving now? HA!!!
Believe it or not, Drew POOPED in his pants about a month ago! He has been potty trained since he was 2 1/2 and he has NEVER done that before! Just be thankful Addison only peed!!
Amy
I have been thinking all day about a potty training story for you. Canon was running around the house with his undies off one day, climbed into the walker and as I'm fussing at him, I hear "ut-oh." Oh yes, he pooped in the walker, then tried to climb out of it and stepped in it. I was in a panic trying to figure out how in the world I would get this mess cleaned up!
I was thinking that one of the benefits of little boys is that they usually have two layers on to absorb their accidents. They also love to run around naked though! Hope that makes ya feel better!
Post a Comment