Thursday, March 12, 2009

Adjusting to Two

Well, I'm not going to lie, it has been an adjustment going from one to two. We are doing good, but it has been a very busy week for Travis and this is the first evening he's been home since last Saturday. Mackenna has been doing well. So far, she's a pretty good sleeper and is doing well with eating. Addison is slowly adjusting though. She does great during the day, but bedtime has been extremely hard for her. This is probably due to the fact that bedtime has always been a special time for her with both mom & dad putting her to bed (when we're both home). Now it seems that it's usually just one of us because Mackenna needs to be taken care of then too. Addison has been a great helper though. She loves to help me when I'm changing Mackenna's diaper, loves to make sure Mackenna is covered up with her blanket, is great at getting things I need and really enjoys trying to "entertain" her little sister. I've started venturing out some this week with both of them and it has been good to get out of the house (for both Addison and I). I'm excited to go to church on Sunday and praying that I'll be able to get both of them, plus myself ready and out the door on time. Overall, we're doing well and are just so thankful for our two little girls!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Lisa it sounds like you're doing fine & going "normal". It seems like my kids always need me at the same time. One of those times is bed time. You'll eventually get into a routine, which will make it a bit easier for you & Addison. You'll figure it out just in time for something to change with one of them :)

Robin said...

Look at those cheeks! I'm glad Addison is being such a good helper. Hopefully she will continue to settle in to her new role. I hope you guys have a better week this week.

dianne said...

IS ADDISON STILL WEARING HER CHEER SUIT? YOU MAY WANT TO HIDE IT BEFORE JACIE GETS THERE.