Monday, April 6, 2009

What a Day!

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel like crying? And sometimes you're not even sure why you're crying! (Hopefully I'm not the only one!) Well, I had one of those days today and I did cry! Sometimes being a mom is really difficult. It just felt like things were off today. I felt like I was running from one thing to the next and didn't have time for anything in between and my 3 year old was testing my patience all day long. It really probably wasn't that bad, it just felt like it. I took Mackenna to her one month checkup this afternoon and on the way home (in the peace and quiet of the car) I spent some time praying, asking God to give me patience and wisdom in being a mommy. I also spent time thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for - a healthy baby, a good doctor appointment, two wonderful daughters, that my husband is such a great help to me... I'm also thankful that God is always with me, during the good days and the not so good days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Mackenna is so cute!!! I can't believe how fast Addison is growing up! She is beautiful! You are looking great too! I am sorry you had "one-of-those-days". I still have them and my kids are older. I think that they make us stronger and sometimes God is trying to tell me something, but I don't always get it. Hank in there and keep praying! you are a great mom and those girls are so blessed they have you!! (and Travis too) We miss you guys a whole bunch!!!

Praying for you,

Debie Hurst

Amy said...

Amen, sister. You're preachin' to the choir. (I said that in my best southern drawl.) :) I can so relate to those days (or weeks), and in the midst of the storm, they are overwhelming, but when I have a moment to step back, I can see that those are the times I draw closer to God. Because I NEED Him!