It's probably too late to get this for Father's Day this year, but I thought I would share this book with you. It's called "A Father's Legacy" by J. Countryman. It is a journal made for father's to share their life story with their children in their own words. Each page asks a question (such as "What did you enjoy doing most as a child? Did you prefer doing it alone or with someone else?") and leaves space for them to write their answers. Travis received this as a gift a few years ago and to my surprise has almost finished it! We also bought one for our fathers' and grandfathers' with hope that they may fill them out. I even told my grandpa that he could just record his answers and I would then write them out for him. I think it will be something my daughters will cherish someday. They also have one for mothers called "A Mother's Legacy." I have one and need to get started filling it out!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Father's Day Idea
It's probably too late to get this for Father's Day this year, but I thought I would share this book with you. It's called "A Father's Legacy" by J. Countryman. It is a journal made for father's to share their life story with their children in their own words. Each page asks a question (such as "What did you enjoy doing most as a child? Did you prefer doing it alone or with someone else?") and leaves space for them to write their answers. Travis received this as a gift a few years ago and to my surprise has almost finished it! We also bought one for our fathers' and grandfathers' with hope that they may fill them out. I even told my grandpa that he could just record his answers and I would then write them out for him. I think it will be something my daughters will cherish someday. They also have one for mothers called "A Mother's Legacy." I have one and need to get started filling it out!
Labels:
DAILY LIFE,
FAITH,
PARENTING
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a great idea. My Grandpa wrote things in a notebook and no one knew about it until after he was gone. My aunt made copies for the whole family. I love to pull it out and read through it from time to time. I might get one for my dad and Justin, although I don't know if they would actually do it, but it would be fun to have.
Post a Comment