Is it just me, or do other people have more than one thermometer?
Thermometers drive me crazy.
It seems as if every time I need one, the batteries are dead.
I get so frustrated with finding one I think is accurate.
We have 5 different thermometers and I really don't like any of them.
The old fashioned mercury thermometer is the most accurate, but it's so hard to keep a baby still for the amount of time you have to hold it under their arm.
I took Mackenna to the ER during the night on Monday.
She spiked a fever very quickly and did not look good.
They took her temperature with some fancy thermometer.
Worked just right the first time they did it.
Ahhhh!!!
Why can't I just take that thermometer home with me?!
Mackenna is feeling better.
Addison loved that she got to watch TV most of the day on Tuesday.
Yes, I'm a bad mom, I let her watch way too much TV in one day.
After only an hour or two of sleep, I had to find some way to survive!
And, compared to the mercury thermometer, I've decided the one on the left is the most accurate.
I've used it a lot this week!
5 comments:
Lisa, I hope she didn't get sick from Andrew. He was fine the entire time I was in your part of the country. On the way home, he got very fussy & I just thought it was tiredness and hunger. Just as we sat down to dinner Saturday evening, he got very lethargic - almost unresponsive lethargic - scary! I took his temp and it was 103+ (one reading even said nearly 105). I was scared! I threw all 3 of the kids in the van and headed straight to the dr. He ended up having an ear infection. I just hope he didn't spread his germs. Hopefully, everyone will stay well now.
You need to get one of those that you run across the head and throw all the rest away.
You are not a bad mom...just a smart one. You know when to use Dora the Explorer to your advantage! :)
I'm so glad McKenna is feeling better. I just hate it when little ones are so sick. You are an awesome Mom, Lisa doing all the right things. It is so great to see Moms like you being so attentive to their babies needs even though it can be scary & very tiring. Hang in there..hope you get caught up on your rest real soon.
The thermometer they use at the doctor is sold at Walmart. My sister-in-law gave us one when Olivia was born. I'm sure it isn't exactly the same, but it is a temperal one. It works great for us and is very quick and easy.
I think I would rather guess their temp than use a rectal thermometer!
Post a Comment