We found a bird nest about a month ago in our front yard and it had 3 eggs in it. We checked on it periodically to see if the eggs had hatched yet. About a week or two ago, the eggs hatched and there were 3 tiny little baby birds. Addison loved to check on them and would always watch for the momma bird. Last night during the thunderstorm, I looked out the front door to see if it was still raining and I spotted something laying on the driveway next to the tree.

I went outside to check it out and it was the nest. It made me so sad. I made Travis go out and look with a flashlight to see if he could find the babies. We have no idea what happened to them. Travis says an animal probably ate them. That made me even more sad! Addison doesn't know yet. She'll be sad too.
2 comments:
Could you please just lie & tell your precious lil' girl that they grew up really fast & flew away to safety. Let's not have more sad girls at your house. Please? ;)
So sorry, but at least Addison got lots of wonder and awe from the experience while it was there. Remember, God takes care of the birds too.
Post a Comment