My grandmother crocheted this in the late 1930's.
She left it to me when she died because she and I shared a birthday and that was always special to her. Can you imagine the hours it took her to make this? It is an heirloom and something I will always cherish. When I received it, the frame had a floral print on it, so I sanded it down and spray painted it black. Floral isn't really me...I like the black so much better. It is on the wall in my dining room and each time I see it I will think of her. It is a beautiful reminder of how thankful I am for her faith in Jesus and that she passed this faith on to her family.
1 comment:
Got caught up on your blog . . . Mackenna looks like she is enjoying life and keeping you busy!
Post a Comment