Monday, September 27, 2010

Auction

Last night we had our auction at church to raise money for our youth group.  Travis gathers donations from local businesses and people in the church and we have a silent and oral auction.  There were a wide variety of items on the silent auction...decorations, jewelry, homemade baked goods, a pool table, TV's and a refrigerator.  The oral auction has lots of fun stuff put together in packages as well as some bigger items...a quilt, hand crafted rocking horse, an IPOD Touch, a golf package, an airplane ride, and many homemade meals.  We served homemade ice cream and cake/brownies.  Travis counted last night and this is the eigth auction he has done.  We did 4 at our first church, 2 at our last church and this is the 2nd one here.  It's always a lot of fun!
Travis' dad was an auctioneer, so Travis went to lots of auctions growing up.  He's not a professional and I know I'm biased, but I think he does pretty good!  And check out the callers, Todd and Adam.  They really get into it and were hilarious to watch!

2 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

Heard it was a great turn out. Hated so bad to miss it but camping with 2 little boys tuckered us out! Travis is a great auctioneer!

Nic said...

LOVED the video!! Made me miss the MBY team!! I'll be making both of those recipes you posted too!! YUM!!