Wednesday, January 26, 2011
It's Happened to All of Us
It happened. Not something I wanted to happen, but it did. Addison threw a big crying fit in church on Sunday. Unfortunately, we don't sit at the back of the church either! Nope, right up in the front behind all the youth where everyone could see us. It started right after we sat down during the first song. She asked if she could go to the children's church room and play with one of her friends who was there with his mom. I said no, and oh boy did the tears begin to flow. And then the "but why mom?" And then the crying escalated to sobbing very loudly, which then became screaming and crying. And then the song stopped, which meant it was time to go. She walked out in front of me, sobbing the whole way. Thank goodness I didn't have to drag her kicking and screaming! We went to a classroom and shut the door. I was not happy. She was begging for daddy (seems funny to me because if he would've come with us, she probably would've been in more trouble!) After she finally got herself together, we headed back into church. Thankfully, she was very well behaved the rest of the service. I thought it was cute that after the service, an experienced mom of four came up to me and said, "we've all been there." It's so true, whether it was in church, the grocery store, in a restaurant or any other public place, we've all had moments with our kids that left us feeling frustrated and embarrassed. I was just hoping that my moment wouldn't be in church! Oh well, now you all know that the youth pastors kid is completely normal!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you got some positive feedback. The worse is when you just get nasty looks. When Finn was about four months old we were flying and he was crying and crying on take off and the lady in front of me turned around and said, "Don't you worry. We'll all survive if that baby cries the whole two hours." It just made me totally more relaxed- even if everyone else was totally annoyed at least I had someone on my side :)
I had to smile on this one. Been there too, many times. This Sunday, it wasn't a naughty child, but Abbie passed out in the middle of singing. Thankfully, we were at the back & Joe H. was there to catch her head before she wacked it on the pew! I was totally oblivious. It took me a minute. Just thought she had decided to sit down. Oops! ;)
Not our precious little Addison!
Keep your chin up, this too shall pass.
Post a Comment