My heart has been heavy today for a good friend of mine and her family. We have been praying for her son-in-law Eric since the end of last May when he was diagnosed with cancer. Addison prayed faithfully every night asking God to heal him and make him better. This morning, God chose to make him better. Eric is with his Savior now. He leaves behind his wife Laura, of 3 1/2 years and a 3 1/2 month old son Landon.
I have so many questions running through my mind and so did Addison. I can't even begin to imagine what they are experiencing. It just seems so unfair. They were an amazing couple...this was evident every time I read their blog throughout his journey. I was so inspired by their love for Jesus and their faith in Him, even when things didn't seem good. If you happen to think of Laura & Landon, would you pray for them and their families.
6 comments:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend's son-in-law. I can't even begin to imagine the grief that her daughter and the rest of the family is facing right now. I'm so glad that they have Jesus to walk with during this difficult time. We'll definitely say a prayer for them tonight.
So well said, Lisa! Thank you.
We have to been praying. I rejoice for Eric to be whole and healthy and worshiping our God...but sad for Laura and Landon as they learn to live a different live. May the Lord bless them richly in this Plan B.
It is hard to loose a loved one. I just pray that they keep their faith in God and continue to move forward with Him in their lives.
Yes, I would love to have the clothes back if we have another girl. I will let you know
Thanks, Lisa for posting this. Thank-you, too, for your continued prayers. Tell Addison how much Laura appreciates that she prayed for Eric!
Tell Addison that her prayers were answered and that Eric was healed. For myself, having loved someone as much as I loved Eric, it is harder to accept this answer to prayer than if he had been cured of cancer. The grief of human loss is difficult to bear, yet it is God's ultimate answer to life's quandry of sin and despair. His death on the cross is the only thing that can ultimately heal us...from sin and sickness. Thanks for your kind thoughts...but most of all your prayers.
Post a Comment