Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Tooth Fairy

The tooth fairy visited our house for the first time this week.  I have no idea what the going rate is for a tooth, but after digging through our coin jar, I decided the going rate at our house is $2 for a new tooth and $1 for each tooth after that. 
Somewhere, a long time ago, I saw an idea about sprinkling fairy dust on their pillow.  I knew Addison would think that was pretty cool, so I got out the silver glitter and sprinkled it by her tooth pillow.  (Isn't the tooth pillow cute?  They gave it to her at school.  I had one just like it when I was a kid, so I was excited when she brought it home.)
When I was little, the tooth fairy kept my teeth, so I thought that's what I would do.  When she woke up in the morning, she came into our room excited about all the coins under her pillow but wondered why her tooth wasn't in the pocket of her tooth pillow anymore.  She informed me that the tooth fairy left Jacie's (her cousin) tooth for her and that she really wanted to take it to show and tell on Friday.  Luckily, I hadn't thrown the tooth away yet, so somehow, it magically reappeared on top of her bookshelf! 

1 comment:

Nic said...

I love that little pillow idea .. .thing my boys would like the fairy dust?? Someday Tatum will for sure!