Friday, August 26, 2011

Thoughts About School

Each day this week, I have found myself wondering...
  • What is Addison doing right now?  Maybe it's the teacher in me, but I'm so curious as to what her schedule is like for the day...when do they go to recess and lunch, how often do they have music and PE, when does she switch classrooms and see the other teacher, etc, etc......
  • Is she making new friends?  Does she have someone to play with at recess?  Who are the kids that sit at her table?  Are they nice to her?  Is she nice to them?
  • What are her teachers like? 
  • Is she remembering to be polite, say please/thank you, help others, be kind to everyone, obey, etc.
  • Is she eating her lunch?  Does she have enough time to eat?
  • Have we prepared her well enough?  Is she remembering what we have taught her here at home?
I have spent a lot of time praying for her this week!  Most importantly, I've prayed that she would glorify God in everything she does at school and that she would feel God's presence with her throughout the day.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I bet Addison is doing great and everyone loves her! She is so sweet! Praying for you both.

Nic said...

Just got caught up on your blog. School looks like it's going good for Addison. I have some of the same thoughts of you. .. you just wonder what they are doing all day.

Dianne said...

Now it begins. The older they get the more you wonder and worry. Have faith and trust you're doing your best. Each day is a new start. You have a great model to follow, just trust HIM.