Sunday, September 11, 2011
9/11 - Ten Years Ago
September 11, 2001 is a day I will forever remember. I remember exactly where I was when I learned of the planes hitting the World Trade Center. We were living in Salem, Oregon, so of course it was a 3 hour time difference. I got up, like any other day, got ready and left on my 30 minute commute to school. It was probably a little before 7:00am and I turned on the radio a few blocks from home. I was sitting at a red light at the corner of Edgewater and Wallace when they said they thought it was a terrorist attack. I had no idea what was going on, so I called Travis. He was still in bed at home and said his mom had just called him, frantically, telling him that we were under attack and he needed to get up and turn on the TV right away. I remember getting to school and watching the TV with the other teachers. Class started and we would sneak out every so often to see what was happening. Our principal also kept us updated throughout the day. I remember feeling scared that more was yet to come, extremely sad for the loss of lives and so confused as to why this was happening. It's a day I will never forget.
Labels:
DAILY LIFE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was at school teaching a math class in another room. The bell rang, I went back into my room and wondered why the TV was on and thinking it shouldn't be. The day just got worse from there. A broken world with only ONE answer.
Post a Comment