Travis walked into our bedroom the other night and said to me, "I think we have a problem."
Of course, I quickly sat up with a worried look on my face, wondering how bad this problem was going to be.
He tells me he lost his wedding ring.
We'll be married 14 years this May and he has never lost his ring.
He usually only takes it off when he's playing sports or doing hard work.
He had been working on something in the garage that afternoon, so he put it on the kitchen counter.
Later in the afternoon, Mackenna came to him with his ring wanting him to put it back on.
He told her to go put it back on the counter.
But, she didn't!
So, the search began...where would a 3 year old put a wedding ring??
We looked all over but didn't find it.
The next morning Travis asked Mackenna if she had daddy's ring?
"Yes daddy."
He asked her if she knew where it was and she said yes.
He told her to show him where it was and she said, "okay daddy, I show you."
Off they go to the back door.
"Open door, daddy please."
There it was, on the grill.
Doesn't everyone keep their wedding ring on the grill?!
Thank goodness she remembered where she put it!
2 comments:
Good thing she can talk and understand. Tell Trav just to keep it on.
We've learned asking the kids is a wonderful idea. They usually have given legs to said item and remember where it is.
As for losing wedding rings... Chris lost his a few years ago. He can't wear it when he flies so he used to put it in his flight suit with its multitude of pockets. He looked in his flight suit & I looked in it - no ring. He had mowed so I searched our huge yard to the best of my ability - no ring. I decided to go back to his flight suit - found his ring! This was over the course of a few days. In the mean time, he'd ordered another one. Now, he has his ring and a back-up. So glad Travis found his!
Post a Comment